- If you're a minimalist but prefer a cozy, not cold bedroom, one tactic to consider is wood-paneled walls. Adding organic materials warms up the space without adding fussy detail.
- At under 2,000 square feet, these charming Midwestern homes show that living in a small space can be glamorous and practical even beyond the city limits.
- Modern homes that buck the expected vernacular? Sign us up. See an array of residences from Boise to Charleston that express unconventional twists on regional styles.
- Intelligent, appealing, and affordable, Charlie Lazor’s user-friendly FlatPak just might be the project that revolutionizes the prefab industry.
- Food, like design, is a key factor of everyday life. Not everyone appreciates food and design with fervor, but at Dwell, we recognize the importance of both.
- From a 19th-century stable in Chicago to a former one-room schoolhouse in Wisconsin, these renovations in the Midwest marry charming histories with modern sensibilities.
- Coffee shop and bakery owner Greg Martin kept baker’s hours to whip this chimerical Minneapolis building into a modern confection.
- Tucked into the side of a scenic San Francisco hill, one of the city’s more diminutive houses battles everything from dry rot to obstructionist neighbors in order to grow up.