Miller House in Columbus, Indiana by Eero Saarinen
This May, the famed J. Irwin Miller House—designed by Eero Saarinen with landscapes by Dan Kiley and interiors by Alexander Girard—opened its doors to the public for the first time. Herman Miller is giving away a weekend trip to tour the renowned Miller House & Gardens featured in the May issue of Dwell. Also included in the package are tours of other architectural gems in the area by Eliel Saarinen, Harry Weese, and John Carl Warnecke.
The Giveaway includes:
- Round-trip airfare and transportation to the home in Columbus, Indiana
- Two nights accommodations at the Inn at Irwin Gardens
- Columbus area visitors center tickets and reservations for the Miller House and Garden and the Columbus Architectural tours
Enter to win now!
- Dwell readers and fans of NPR, unite.
- With stops in Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania; Cincinnati, Ohio; Buffalo, New York; Columbus, Indiana; and more, we take a closer look at gleaming modern homes in the country's rust belt.
- To accompany our profile on the iconic textile designer in Dwell's October 2013 issue, we rounded up a few hits from the Larsen design archives.
- Bold curves, colorful accents and technical vision: Finnish-American architect Eero Saarinen’s body of work represents Modernism’s playful side in bloom.
- I just learned about this new series of products inspired by one of the country’s most iconic examples of mid-century Modernist residential architecture—the Miller House and Garden in…
- When it comes to lighting there are so many ways to go but if you want to add a bit of drama and really elevate your interior design to the next level we think there is nothing like a chandelier.
- They haven’t always been in design favor, but throw pillows, when done right, can add warmth, color, and texture to a room like nothing else can. Six designers show us how.