- A long house on Long Island, this prefab could get to its site peaceably only by traveling in pieces.
- Kitchen counters overflowing? Utensils gone awry? Return your kitchen to ship shape by taking cues from the following 10 inspiring projects from our pages.
- Atlanta is known for many things but modern architecture has surely never been one of them. But if you know where to look, you can find the city's modern side.
- At the end of 2000, Tryggvi Thorsteinsson and Erla Dögg Ingjaldsdóttir, Icelandic natives and partners in the Santa Monica–based design firm Minarc, bought what was essentially a teardown in the West…
- Facing tight building codes and an even tighter space, Karen White and David MacNaughtan needed an architect who could turn lemons into lemonade. Donald Chong devised a refreshing solution.
- Interior and furniture designer Nick Dine—son of pop artist Jim Dine—has a love-hate relationship with his 2,000-square-foot Hudson Square condo loft.
- Resuscitating a classic can be time-consuming and pricey, but when it comes to the rehabilitation of neglected masterpieces, one Connecticut couple finds it’s worth every minute and cent.
- Law professor Carole Goldberg and sociology professor Duane Champagne both teach at the University of California, Los Angeles.