A Mid-Century Modern Home in Southwest Portland
- Create outdoor-like spaces—functional all year round and even in chilly climates—with the help of the mighty atrium, a transparent extension of the home.
- While some midcentury gems merely need a spruce up, others require a complete overhaul. Here are 5 that have gained new life, inside and out.
- Don't kid yourself—playing is serious business. Here are six playrooms from our archives that we wouldn't mind pitching a fort in.
- From white exteriors to interiors, these homeowners know how to illuminate their space by using minimal color.
- These inspiring white and light-filled homes have captured an atmosphere which breathes minimal modernism at its finest.
- A coat of chalkboard paint on the wall adds a fun and useful accent to any room in the house, from a spot to scribble in kids' rooms to a keeper of to-do lists in the kitchen.
- Portland—the city where young people go to retire, home of Stumptown Coffee Roasters, and filming location of that one show.
- The last time Blake Trabulsi and Allison Orr had a party at their house in Austin, Texas, it lasted until 5 a.m. Observes Trabulsi: “People are so comfortable here, they never want to leave.”