A Mid-Century Modern Home in Southwest Portland
- While some midcentury gems merely need a spruce up, others require a complete overhaul. Here are 5 that have gained new life, inside and out.
- Don't kid yourself—playing is serious business. Here are six playrooms from our archives that we wouldn't mind pitching a fort in.
- A coat of chalkboard paint on the wall adds a fun and useful accent to any room in the house, from a spot to scribble in kids' rooms to a keeper of to-do lists in the kitchen.
- From white exteriors to interiors, these homeowners know how to illuminate their space by using minimal color.
- Portland—the city where young people go to retire, home of Stumptown Coffee Roasters, and filming location of that one show.
- The last time Blake Trabulsi and Allison Orr had a party at their house in Austin, Texas, it lasted until 5 a.m. Observes Trabulsi: “People are so comfortable here, they never want to leave.”
- This courtyard house on the edge of the Berkshires offers both grand vistas and plenty of privacy, thanks to its custom rain screen.
- It could have been a Sheetrock box, but as the house’s most frequently used point of entry, it deserved the same architectural respect.