- On a quest to create a weekend house for herself and her husband, Nancy Church scaled back her design fantasies and discovered creative ways to build on a budget.
- Did you know that red was the first color after black and white to be named?
- It's rare that in a resident-architect collaboration, the resident picks the more dramatic design scheme than the architect.
- In January 2003, we issued a challenge to 16 architects: Design a modern prefab home for $200,000.
- Like a little chapel on the prairie, architect Jean-Baptiste Barache’s simply elegant retreat in the tiny Normandy town of Auvillier is a modern play on centuries-old forms and technology.
- In Seattle, where others saw only a severe slope and lack of municipal hookups, one couple spotted their ticket to their dream home.
- Pieter Weijnen’s brand of maritime modernism brings a touch of magic to Amsterdam’s Steigereiland, where the architect built his family’s home.
- In Toronto, a painter accustomed to crashing in his studio created an airy artistic haven with both working and living quarters for a more balanced and polished picture.