Thanks to Los Angeles’s Small Lot Subdivision Ordinance, the developers of Auburn 7 were able to maximize their property’s potential. With a host of sustainable features, including solar power and a community garden, these row house–like homes provide new models for the ever-expanding metropolis.
@current / @total
- Off the Grid, a recurring feature in the Dwell issues, focuses on modern homes that tread lightly on the earth.
- Is the modernist's perfect companion a fluffy pooch?
- From New York to Los Angeles, these self-sufficient homes prove that you don't have to live in the middle of nowhere to be off-the-grid.
- When Greg Reitz was ten years old, he was already so worried about the state of the planet that, without prompting from his parents, he spent his allowance to join Greenpeace.
- Brotherly love takes many forms; in the case of Rob and Eric Brill, it’s a shared passion for modernism.
- No other city in America has meant more to the development of modern residential design than Los Angeles.
- As the weekend slowly draws to a near, we've gathered up ten of our most clicked on homes on Dwell this week for your perusal.
- On October 2 the American Institute of Architects (AIA) will host the inaugural East Coast residential design home tour. The Triangle Tour will take place between the hours of 10am-6pm in…