Love's Labors Found
- “The uniqueness of the horizon and the desert light encouraged everybody to try something different,” says architect Will Bruder of Phoenix, Arizona, his adopted hometown.
- Countertops are an important part of a kitchen renovation, and they can be everything from earthy to space-age. Here are five Dwell favorites.
- From prefab to site-built, and off the grid to plugged in, to follow are some of our favorite desert houses from the pages of Dwell.
- Footbridges can join an older structures to a new additions, or close a gulf between a house and the street. And when good design is part of the mix, they can add a decorative touch.
- San Francisco residents Lisa Koshkarian and Tom DiFrancesco worked with architect Neal Schwartz to create an airy third-floor addition to hold their master bedroom.
- Harnessing the power of dirt, sand, soil, and earth, these projects prove that modern houses are not just made of glass and steel.
- The swelter of summer is just about upon us—beat the heat with this roundup of swimming pools from issues past.
- Most deserts are dry and dusty expanses of blue skies, bleached soil, and rulerflat horizons. The Colorado Plateau is not one of them.