Love's Labors Found
- Countertops are an important part of a kitchen renovation, and they can be everything from earthy to space-age. Here are five Dwell favorites.
- “The uniqueness of the horizon and the desert light encouraged everybody to try something different,” says architect Will Bruder of Phoenix, Arizona, his adopted hometown.
- From prefab to site-built, and off the grid to plugged in, to follow are some of our favorite desert houses from the pages of Dwell.
- The Blue Sky prototype home tiptoes gracefully across the desert landscape just north of Joshua Tree National Park.
- The iT House brings together raw industrial aesthetics with the tactics of green design to forge a new home in the sunbaked wilds of California’s east.
- In Vienna, a dazzling penthouse by Delugan Meissl has boldly inserted itself between traditional rooftops of the city’s Wieden district like a recently landed alien intruder.
- Harnessing the power of dirt, sand, soil, and earth, these projects prove that modern houses are not just made of glass and steel.
- A pair of Arizona–based architects prove that sleeping in a pod is hardly an extraterrestrial experience.