A Look at Playrooms
- "Personally, I’d rather be living outside,” says architect David Hertz. As a young man surfing in Bali, he was impressed by tropical village compounds where indoors and out flow into each other.
- A coat of chalkboard paint on the wall adds a fun and useful accent to any room in the house, from a spot to scribble in kids' rooms to a keeper of to-do lists in the kitchen.
- It could have been a Sheetrock box, but as the house’s most frequently used point of entry, it deserved the same architectural respect.
Using Le Corbusier's 1931 classic, Polychromie Architecturale, as her inspiration, Dwell founder Lara Deam presents her third custom-created color palette using hues from Ralph Lauren Paint.
- The swelter of summer is just about upon us—beat the heat with this roundup of swimming pools from issues past.
- Surrounded by lush evergreen forests and famously known for its cup of Joe, this second cool quintet of our favorite homes also resides in the Emerald City known as Seattle.
- Creative director of the storied Italian furniture manufacturer Moroso, Patrizia Moroso was in San Francisco on Thursday morning at the Dzine showroom to chat with the press about the history of her…
- Ah, the beauty of bathing in the breeze. Here we present our some of our favorite outdoor showers from issues past.