Long Island Summer Home Gets a Modern Addition
- The Hamptons, at the eastern edge of Long Island, is known as a stylish outpost, so it's not surprising that it has its share notable houses.
- A collection of some of our favorite kitchen renovations from our archives.
- Whether a bold accent wall or a strip of red-hued plexiglass, a strategic infusion of color makes a kitchen pop. Here, five inspiring tips and tricks from some of Dwell's favorite kitchens.
- In the right hands, wooden slatted screens can become a high-design—as well as highly practical—accent in architecture, creating interest inside and outside the home.
- Escaping to a seaside retreat doesn’t mean you have to rough it; these renovated beach houses incorporate all the comforts of home within a stone’s throw of the shore.
- We sifted through some past issues to find images of what some may argue to be the hardest working room in the house.
- Most beachfront houses treat the ocean as part of the visual landscape with panoramic views and wraparound balconies.
- Two idiosyncratic Andrew Geller structures get a new lease on life as part of a modern-day family compound designed by Hamptons architects Bates Masi.