Long Island Found
- In many homes, there’s not even an inch to spare, much less a few feet for an awkward swinging door.
- The most buoyant of the lighting family, pendant lamps are awfully fun but take a bit of planning; here's how to do it right.
- Corporate high-flyers and admitted neat freaks Bruce Thatcher and Kirsty Leighton couldn’t handle the chaos anymore.
- "I'm used to spending time on boats," says New York based architect and interior designer Page Goolrick, who has been sailing competitively for 15 years. "It's influenced my design.
- Danish designer Poul Henningsen had us at the Artichoke lamp, its 72 leaves bursting forth from it like fireworks.
- A renovated concrete abode in Belgium, Jonathan Adler's quirky Shelter Island beachside retreat, and a British farmhouse are just a few projects in our collection of living rooms that showcase the…
- Hosting design competitions is one of our favorite things to do on dwell.com, and we are always overwhelmingly impressed by the rush of intelligent, inspirational, and thought-provoking ideas that…
- In the Windy City, a custom walnut slide offers a playful way for a small family of four to glide down to the basement.