Long Island Found
- Long Island boasts both extravagant mansions and cozy cottages, original new structures and inspired renovations. Here, we take a look at some of Dwell's favorite Long Island homes.
- In many homes, there’s not even an inch to spare, much less a few feet for an awkward swinging door.
- The most buoyant of the lighting family, pendant lamps are awfully fun but take a bit of planning; here's how to do it right.
- We chat with the masterful weaver, textile designer, and gardener whose global aesthetic continues to reverberate and influence today’s interiors.
- A pedigreed mid-century home tailor-made for its inhabitants and environs joins the Spokane Register of Historic Places.
- Corporate high-flyers and admitted neat freaks Bruce Thatcher and Kirsty Leighton couldn’t handle the chaos anymore.
- In the Windy City, a custom walnut slide offers a playful way for a small family of four to glide down to the basement.
- Working creatively to meet strict preservation codes, architect Roberto de Leon affixes a modern annex onto a historic Louisville house.