A Light-Filled, Nature-Inspired House in Dallas
- Thanks to a prefab in-law unit, an octogenarian modernist lives independently on a peaceful, verdant site in Northern California.
- Bright and light-filled, these seven homes ranging from a Los Angeles renovation to a spa-like bathroom in upstate New York are a breath of fresh air.
- A Bucks County, Pennsylvania, overhaul by Danny Seo relies on American-made goods to forge its identity.
- The New York Times recently picked up on the story of Thomas Small and Joanna Brody's Culver City, California, house designed by Whitney Sander of Sander Architects.
We've long been believers in the artfully placed accent pillow, and very much like the style of Midwestern design and manufacturing studio Three Sheets 2 the Wind. The collection of nature-inspired textiles—hand-screened on hand-dyed Irish linen—have a great retro charm guided by the Japanese philosophy of wab-sabi, or appreciation of the "imperfect, impermanent, and incomplete,"
- We're thrilled to have architect Whitney Sander back to Dwell on Design this year to talk about his unusual prefabricated building system.
- There's nothing like waking up on a lazy Sunday morning, grabbing a cup of coffee and your favorite reading material, and heading to the sunniest room in the house to sip and relax in the natural…
- At an expanded 23,000 square feet, Dwell Outdoor promises to be a hub for all things green and prefab during Dwell on Design, taking place June 20-22, 2014, in Los Angeles.