Light-Filled Family Home Renovation in Copenhagen
- The guests are coming! The guests are coming! We love our family and friends and look forward to the time of year when everyone gets together.
In terms of designs for the kitchen, salt and pepper grinders and shakers always seem to catch our eye. This set by Norm Architects' Jonas Bjerre-Poulsen and Kasper Ronn for Menu is especially smart, with a ceramic body and wooden top. But it gets better: this grinder isn't limited to just salt and pepper. The designers made it extra strong to accommodate the adventurous chef. "We wanted to take a big step away from the predictable salt and pepper thinking and instead encourage people to experiment with spices, kernels, seeds and all the other modern kitchen ingredients," says Bjerre-Poulsen.
- "A kitchen provides physical and spiritual nourishment, and for many homes it is the heart and soul of family life," writes celebrated tastemaker Sir Terence Conran in Kitchen Book.
- Kids' rooms often tread transitionary territory when it comes to modern design. What might be good for a five-month-old may not work well to when he or she is five years old.
- The first thing a good chef will tell you is to season, season, season. If we're going to season, why not look good doing it?
- There's nothing like waking up on a lazy Sunday morning, grabbing a cup of coffee and your favorite reading material, and heading to the sunniest room in the house to sip and relax in the natural…
Editors' Picks Homes
- With a little ingenuity, attics under the eaves can be transformed into bright, light living spaces.