La Bodega Winery in Palamos, Spain
Designed by Spanish architects RCR Arquitectes, La Bodega is a winery situated on a private vineyard near the coastal town of Palamos. The architecture strikes a balance between the artificial and the natural, existing within a man-made valley cut into the Catalan landscape.
@current / @total
- Many architects say that the roof is the fifth facade. Here, we prove how true that sentiment is with 7 projects from our archives that allow the roof to be the star attraction.
- Take a photographic odyssey through a sample of the best architecture and design on the Iberian peninsula.
- Back in 2009 former Dwell senior editor Sarah Rich made a short report on a visit to Napa Valley's Hourglass Winery's Blueline property.
- Nestled into the Tuscan landscape, in the municipality of Gavorrano in the heart of Maremma, sits a modern winery called Rocca di Frassinello.
- Thousands of oenophiles trek to California’s Napa Valley each year to indulge in its scenic vistas and celebrated wineries.
- This weekend, the much anticipated new show How Wine Became Modern opened at the San Francisco Museum of Modern Art.
- We highlight Italian architect Renzo Piano, winner of the Pritzker Prize and one of Time’s 100 most influential people in the world.
- The architecture of Richard Rogers weds the best of high-tech design with the outer limits of the architect’s imagination, creating soaring, sustainable spaces that enrich everyday urban life.