Knotty by Nature
- Swedish architect Per Bornstein’s house, from our Small Spaces issue, sits on a hill between a large forested park and Gothenburg’s former industrial area, a welcome addition to a previously…
- On Dwell's Facebook page we recently posed the question of "Is your kitchen style more charmingly colorful or rustic modern?" and your answers were overwhelmingly on the side of rustic modern.
- The chill of winter is soon to set in.
- The northeastern United States is experiencing the first winter storm of the year. On this snow day, take inspiration from Scandinavia, with minimal yet cozy cabins and interiors.
- Perched atop a hill between a large park and Gothenburg's former industrial past rests architect Per Bornstein's 1,400 square feet slatty home featured from our Big Ideas for Small Spaces issue.
- Make the living room a central space in your home with loads of colorful accessories and a trapeze or two.
- It’s readily available, affordable, fairly sustainable, and hardy—what’s not to love about pine?
- Cozy up with modern fireplaces for all kinds of spaces.