Kind of New
- They haven’t always been in design favor, but throw pillows, when done right, can add warmth, color, and texture to a room like nothing else can. Six designers show us how.
- A baby's arrival is cause for celebration—and for many, it's also a time to confront limited living space.
- In August 2010, Kristi Reimers opened the doors of her shop Eco Carmel to fulfill a dream of starting her own businesses and also to make a difference to her Carmel, California, community and to the…
- These three interiors make oriented strand board (OSB), a cheap material made of wood fragments, look luxe.
- Inspired by her natural surroundings, a Dutch felt artist intuitively crafts a home on a northern Holland harbor.
- The first time Houston-based architectural designer Barbara Hill set foot inside what would become her future second house, a 100-year-old adobe in Marfa, Texas, she found a cramped warren of rooms…
- Designed for her parents and generations to come, Amanda Yates's seaside New Zealand house is "somewhere between architecture and landscape" but firmly rooted in family life.
- In southwest England, interior designer and avid furniture collector Kathryn Tyler built her home around the vintage pieces she’d amassed over a decade.