Kid Tested, Mothers Approved
A long house on Long Island, this prefab could get to its site peaceably only by traveling in pieces. Designed by Resolution: 4 Architecture as a holiday retreat for a family of six, this slatty slab is up to the task of sheltering its owners and all their guests.
@current / @total
- Architect Donald Wexler was thinking prefab long before prefab was popular. One of Palm Springs's "big five" modernists—along with being William F.
- Art object or machine for living in Architect William Massie’s personal prefab project takes the mass out of mass customization to create a one-of-a-kind wonder.
- With the kids officially on winter break—how will you fill the time? Here are 10 spaces to inspire a redesign guaranteed to keep your little ones occupied in high style.
- Nestled in an apple grove in Sebastopol, California, the Orchard House is a rural idyll.
- The great room—a combined living, dining, and cooking space—is one of architecture's great equalizers.
- Prefab houses are getting leaner, more efficient, and, in some cases, bigger. Here, we explore highlights from our December/January prefab issue, juxtaposed with our favorites from the past.
- Architect Jamie Darnell had a simple plan for his family’s home in Kansas City, Missouri, but the result is anything but plain.
- A Marmol Radziner–designed prefab house, trucked onto a remote Northern California site, takes the pain out of the construction process.