Just Redo It
- In 2009, Dwell reported on the Ikea kitchen cabinet phenomenon, and five years later it is still going strong. From off-the-rack to custom, these kitchens use them best.
- When architects fall in love, designing their own home can be both rewarding and challenging feats. Through compromise and collaboration, these couples successfully made their dream home a reality.
- For a youthful perspective on design's playful potential, look no farther than this slideshow. These five rooms put the fun back in functional.
- In the eastern Netherlands, resourceful recyclers 2012Architects have built a house almost entirely out of locally sourced scrap, from old billboards to broken umbrellas.
- Working creatively to meet strict preservation codes, architect Roberto de Leon affixes a modern annex onto a historic Louisville house.
- By keeping the budget strict, the insulation tight, and its values clear, Philadelphia’s Postgreen Homes shows a little brotherly love for green, urban housing.
- Designing a modern house doesn't have to mean building from the ground up. These six renovations show how to update existing facades with modern details and bring old buildings into the future.
- You've spotted work from these architects and designers in the pages our magazine. If you couldn't get enough the first time around, catch these discussions happening at Dwell on Design.