Just Redo It
- When architects fall in love, designing their own home can be both rewarding and challenging feats. Through compromise and collaboration, these couples successfully made their dream home a reality.
- For a youthful perspective on design's playful potential, look no farther than this slideshow. These five rooms put the fun back in functional.
- By keeping the budget strict, the insulation tight, and its values clear, Philadelphia’s Postgreen Homes shows a little brotherly love for green, urban housing.
- You've spotted work from these architects and designers in the pages our magazine. If you couldn't get enough the first time around, catch these discussions happening at Dwell on Design.
- Working creatively to meet strict preservation codes, architect Roberto de Leon affixes a modern annex onto a historic Louisville house.
- On an 18th-century farmstead in rural Sweden, two Copenhagen designers handcraft a summerhouse that seamlessly melds the modern and the traditional.
- In the eastern Netherlands, resourceful recyclers 2012Architects have built a house almost entirely out of locally sourced scrap, from old billboards to broken umbrellas.
- To convert a musty mid-century house with a nonsensical floor plan into a modern and space-efficient family home, three intrepid designers played a bit of architectural Tetris.