Jonathan Adler and Simon Doonan's Shelter Island Vacation Home
- Lisa Gray and Alan Organschi, founders of the New Haven, Connecticut, architecture firm Gray Organschi, specialize in thoughtful, site-specific homes. See our favorites from the Dwell archives.
- A renovated concrete abode in Belgium, Jonathan Adler's quirky Shelter Island beachside retreat, and a British farmhouse are just a few projects in our collection of living rooms that showcase the…
- Long Island boasts both extravagant mansions and cozy cottages, original new structures and inspired renovations. Here, we take a look at some of Dwell's favorite Long Island homes.
- To create their rural Connecticut getaway, Lisa Gray and Alan Organschi layered their modern design sensibility atop an early 20th-century stone foundation.
- Festooned with color and pattern, these seven designs use tile to create striking visual effects.
- The warmth and natural beauty of wood—deployed indoors or outside—steals the show in these seven projects.
- Dwell's favorite homes featuring orange hues all show that the secret to using this often-avoided color is a balance of neutral tones and plenty of natural light.
- Calling all Upper West Siders: no longer any need to travel to Soho, the village or the Upper East Side to pay a visit to Jonathan Adler.