- Homes at high altitudes enjoy solitude and panoramic views, but they also have to be resilient against inclement weather and difficult foundations.
- Nothing beats a splendid view of a majestic mountaintop, and there’s no better venue from which to enjoy the vista than a modern house.
- Food, like design, is a key factor of everyday life. Not everyone appreciates food and design with fervor, but at Dwell, we recognize the importance of both.
- A family discovers the joys of DIY design—and muddy feet—in their home made up of distinct pods that blends harmoniously with its surroundings in the rainy mountains of Kauai.
- Having purchased a 3.5-acre plot of land in Topanga, California, with a very rustic, 750-square-foot cabin on it several years ago, architect Christof Jantzen found himself in need of a fairly quick,…
- A dazzling display of colored windows wraps the custom-furniture-filled Venice, California, home of architect Lorcan O’Herlihy.
- On Puget Sound, activist and filmmaker Anna Hoover collaborated with Les Eerkes, a principal at Olson Kundig Architects, on a 693-square-foot studio in the woods.
- For most of us, Ligne Roset pieces are the stuff that design dreams are made of.