Israel's Heavy Light House
- Three ‘book-objects’ created by Alexander and Daria Kudmova Butahinoy of the Moscow-based Ruetemple Architectural Studio offer ways to store books and save space.
- Squeezed into a 14-foot-wide lot along a Toronto street originally developed for worker housing in the 1880s is fingerprint technician and musician Patrick Flynn’s 566-square-foot house by…
- While many shy away from using bold color in small spaces, there is no reason spatial restrictions should restrict the imagination.
- Wang Shu of Amateur Architecture Studio became the first Chinese architect to win the Pritzker Prize for Architecture today.
- On a quaint, tree-lined street in Berkeley, California, architect Sarah Deeds of Deeds Design and carpenter John McBride placed a 120-square-foot office/art studio near their main house, a renovated…
- What’s not to love about Brooklyn? Here we present 9 funky, space-saving renovation projects from Dwell’s pages that will make you fall even harder for the borough.
- A 400-square-foot Upper East Side apartment gets a new look.
- From a scarlet hanging light fixture to a crimson vintage Moroccan rag rug, we take another glance at nine modern residences that incorporate the brilliant color into their home.