Israel's Heavy Light House
- Three ‘book-objects’ created by Alexander and Daria Kudmova Butahinoy of the Moscow-based Ruetemple Architectural Studio offer ways to store books and save space.
- Squeezed into a 14-foot-wide lot along a Toronto street originally developed for worker housing in the 1880s is fingerprint technician and musician Patrick Flynn’s 566-square-foot house by…
- Wang Shu of Amateur Architecture Studio became the first Chinese architect to win the Pritzker Prize for Architecture today.
- On a quaint, tree-lined street in Berkeley, California, architect Sarah Deeds of Deeds Design and carpenter John McBride placed a 120-square-foot office/art studio near their main house, a renovated…
- What’s not to love about Brooklyn? Here we present 9 funky, space-saving renovation projects from Dwell’s pages that will make you fall even harder for the borough.
- When it comes to bedroom design, there is a healthy debate among designers and architects: Some say never go white (too antiseptic); some say never go dark (too gloomy).
- Seeking more space and a connection with the city, an artist and a designer turn an old Toronto storefront in Dundas West into a home and studio.
- We turn our eye to Israel to sample a bit of the modern design happening in the Middle-Eastern country.