- This courtyard house on the edge of the Berkshires offers both grand vistas and plenty of privacy, thanks to its custom rain screen.
- Designer Jennifer Siegal’s own house is a modest 1920s Spanish bungalow on the leeward side of busy Lincoln Boulevard in Venice, California, that looks nothing like what she makes at her day job.
- Facing tight building codes and an even tighter space, Karen White and David MacNaughtan needed an architect who could turn lemons into lemonade. Donald Chong devised a refreshing solution.
- With neighboring duplexes supplying rental income, two Knoxville architects patiently—and affordably—craft their dream home.
- Ipe, commonly known as Brazilian walnut, is a South American hardwood that is three times harder than cedar, has the same fire rating as concrete and steel, and is resistant to humidity and mildew.
- A couple in northern Italy trade a cramped flat for a renovated farmhouse in the country.
- Within the mix of warehouses, detached brick bungalows, and dusty pubs of the Sydney, Australia, suburb of Alexandria, local architect David Langston-Jones has built an intricate and finely textured…
- Living in a state that’s saturated with rain for much of the year, Oregonians rightly have an obsession with sunshine.