- From northeastern Italy to downtown Pittsburgh, a trendy neighborhood in Melbourne, Australia, to Manhattan's Chelsea neighborhood, here are eight inventive, modern apartment buildings that fit in…
- Want views from your house? Try building it on top of a skyscraper. These three penthouse apartments give their residents the best views in town.
- On February 13, 2014, the Royal Institute of British Architects inaugurated a new gallery in its central London headquarters with “The Brits Who Built the Modern World.” Drawing on a deep inventory…
- German architecture is known for its clean lines, cutting-edge design, and elements of play. Here, we share seven examples of architecture across the country.
- Boris Dramov and Bonnie Fisher, principals of San Francisco-based ROMA Design Group recently completed a gut renovation for their daughter, Dana Dramov.
- The first residence built in Tuxedo Park, New York, after World War II wasn’t one of the Shingle-style mansions that proliferated there after the tycoon Pierre Lorillard IV developed the…
- Landscape architect Brennan Cox, principal of San Francisco–based Groundworks, explores the best approaches to drought-tolerant landscaping practices that can be implemented anywhere in the world.
- As profiled in our "Women of Influence" roundup in our July/August 2012 issue, Yasmeen Lari is the closest thing Pakistan has to a design superhero.