- From northeastern Italy to downtown Pittsburgh, a trendy neighborhood in Melbourne, Australia, to Manhattan's Chelsea neighborhood, here are eight inventive, modern apartment buildings that fit in…
- Want views from your house? Try building it on top of a skyscraper. These three penthouse apartments give their residents the best views in town.
- As profiled in our "Women of Influence" roundup in our July/August 2012 issue, Yasmeen Lari is the closest thing Pakistan has to a design superhero.
- A place to catch morning rays or a bit of fresh air, balconies often become favorite spaces in modern homes. Click through the slideshow for a look at seven designs from the Dwell archive.
- When Joe Borst saw an affordable bungalow in a Marina del Ray neighborhood filled with either condos or mansions, he knew he found a perfect place for him and his girlfriend Maria Torres to live in.
- Hong Kong’s architectural development can be traced through time by viewing it panoramically from the city’s stratospheric escalators. We survey the layers with local architect Rocco Yim.
- Boris Dramov and Bonnie Fisher, principals of San Francisco-based ROMA Design Group recently completed a gut renovation for their daughter, Dana Dramov.
- Photographer Peter Bennetts cuts out the middleman, photographing his favorite spots in his home base, Melbourne, Australia.