An Idyllic Swedish Summerhouse
It's been a while since I've seen a project as desirable and jealousy-making as this one (and working at Dwell, that means a lot...!). This summer house, renovated by Jonas Labbé and Johannes Schotanus of LASC for a family in Skåne, Sweden, is to me the perfect example of how strong design, thoughtfully placed bursts of strong color, and honest natural treatment can elevate even the simplest forms and materials. Click through the slideshow for a peek into the loveliest summer retreat.
@current / @total
- A layout, strategic window placement, and bright colors can help keep things cool and connected to the outdoors.
- Summer days are long in Scandinavia, and we can't think of any better place to spend the sunny hours than in—and around—these chic and stylish summer houses.
- As we previously explored in Modern Gables, these five homes provide a well needed break from the hustle and bustle of city life. Take a closer look at these strikingly innovative barn residences.
- White traditionally signifies purity and cleanliness—and where better to send that signal than in the bathroom? Take inspiration from these five luxurious, all-white rooms.
- The northeastern United States is experiencing the first winter storm of the year. On this snow day, take inspiration from Scandinavia, with minimal yet cozy cabins and interiors.
- Here at Dwell, we appreciate the simplicity of minimal palettes, but when it comes to playful spaces there is nothing we enjoy more than a color-filled interior.
- Nestled in an apple grove in Sebastopol, California, the Orchard House is a rural idyll.
- Infant brand Oeuf has been celebrated by celebrities and design magazines alike for its sophisticated yet whimsical products for children.