An Idyllic Swedish Summerhouse
It's been a while since I've seen a project as desirable and jealousy-making as this one (and working at Dwell, that means a lot...!). This summer house, renovated by Jonas Labbé and Johannes Schotanus of LASC for a family in Skåne, Sweden, is to me the perfect example of how strong design, thoughtfully placed bursts of strong color, and honest natural treatment can elevate even the simplest forms and materials. Click through the slideshow for a peek into the loveliest summer retreat.
Showing image @current of @total
- Summer days are long in Scandinavia, and we can't think of any better place to spend the sunny hours than in—and around—these chic and stylish summer houses.
- White traditionally signifies purity and cleanliness—and where better to send that signal than in the bathroom? Take inspiration from these five luxurious, all-white rooms.
- As we previously explored in Modern Gables, these five homes provide a well needed break from the hustle and bustle of city life. Take a closer look at these strikingly innovative barn residences.
- Here at Dwell, we appreciate the simplicity of minimal palettes, but when it comes to playful spaces there is nothing we enjoy more than a color-filled interior.
- Earlier this week, the American Institute of Architects’ Committee on the Environment announced the winners of their annual Top Ten Green Projects competition.
- From Stuttgart, Germany to Iwaki City, Japan, we take a look at 15 of the most extraordinarily-designed libraries.
- If you've enjoyed our previous videos—including behind-the-scenes looks at unconventional residences in New York City and San Francisco and our recent spotlight on the preservation of a railway…
- Concrete, usability, and open layouts incline extreme sport enthusiasts toward modern architecture.