- Mezzanines are, by definition, in-between spaces—neither here, nor there; neither upstairs nor down. But mezzanines needn't be wasted space.
- When getting from here to there, the journey is just as important as the destination.
- It's always fascinating to see how designers deal with tiny lots and small spaces.
- Eyes are the windows to the soul. And windows? Well, they broadcast a home's soul and create a connection between private, interior and public, exterior life.
- When space is an issue building up is a solution few designers dare to do. Here are 7 homes that successfully solve spatial challenges of city living by expanding upwards.
- Sagging stairs and sad stoops will soon be a thing of the past, thanks to the following inspirational ideas from clever architects and homeowners.
- New York city is the largest metropolitan in the US and home to more than 8 million people. Despite this, living in the City doesn't mean sacrificing space or luxury.
- Today, in honor of the 12th anniversary of the attacks of 9/11 we take pause and give a special salute to some of our favorite coverage of NYC over the years—knowing the skyline will never be the…