Green Urban Housing in Philadelphia
- Next month, Chad Ludeman, president of the firm PostGreen, will move into the first completed 100K House, an infill development he and his team built in the New Kensington neighborhood of…
- Kids' rooms often tread transitionary territory when it comes to modern design. What might be good for a five-month-old may not work well to when he or she is five years old.
- Proving that creative problem solving can add more gusto to a project than a large budget, these 10 houses show that cost-consciousness reaps big rewards.
- The 100K House in our April issue is a paragon of inexpensive, green design.
- In Oakland, California, two designers transformed a 100-year-old barn into a (very) cozy home of their own by redefining the functionality of walls and windowsills.
- You've spotted work from these architects and designers in the pages our magazine. If you couldn't get enough the first time around, catch these discussions happening at Dwell on Design.
- With a presence in three centuries, Christi Azevedo’s Victorian survived the quake of 1906 and served as a laundry before its rebirth as a well-lit hybrid of old and new.
- As demands rise for sustainability and affordability in residential housing, many academic institutions are racing to hold an edge on innovation in their architecture programs.