Green & Affordable Prefab Home Debuts in Palm Springs
Tours of John Lautner’s Elrod House or the Annenberg’s newly re-opened Sunnylands may leave us wondering if we could ever afford a modernist luxury for ourselves, but thankfully LivingHomes and Cavco Industries have launched a more realistic option at the Prefab showcase during Palm Springs Modernism Week.
@current / @total
- If going green at home was so simple, everyone would do it right? And though it makes sense in theory, actually bringing a sustainable plan to life is often easier said than done.
- Hay insulation, passive solar, drought-tolerant gardens: Behold the following 7 houses from Dwell's pages that give back by striving for net-zero status.
- If LivingHomes sound more like branded products than houses, perhaps that is intentional.
- On a quest to create a weekend house for herself and her husband, Nancy Church scaled back her design fantasies and discovered creative ways to build on a budget.
- Proving that creative problem solving can add more gusto to a project than a large budget, these 10 houses show that cost-consciousness reaps big rewards.
- With a sleek prototype in Emeryville, California, under its belt, Simpatico Homes sets out to redefine prefab's cost—and footprint.
- We're thrilled to have architect Whitney Sander back to Dwell on Design this year to talk about his unusual prefabricated building system.
- Here are nine residences from the Dwell archives that apply the philosophy of "less is more" by stealthily hiding unnecessary clutter and creating smart storage solutions for various rooms in the…