Green & Affordable Prefab Home Debuts in Palm Springs
Tours of John Lautner’s Elrod House or the Annenberg’s newly re-opened Sunnylands may leave us wondering if we could ever afford a modernist luxury for ourselves, but thankfully LivingHomes and Cavco Industries have launched a more realistic option at the Prefab showcase during Palm Springs Modernism Week.
Showing image @current of @total
- If going green at home was so simple, everyone would do it right? And though it makes sense in theory, actually bringing a sustainable plan to life is often easier said than done.
- If LivingHomes sound more like branded products than houses, perhaps that is intentional.
- With a sleek prototype in Emeryville, California, under its belt, Simpatico Homes sets out to redefine prefab's cost—and footprint.
- We're thrilled to have architect Whitney Sander back to Dwell on Design this year to talk about his unusual prefabricated building system.
- Ten years ago, during the very first year of Dwell, we wrote about the promises of prefab.
- On a quest to create a weekend house for herself and her husband, Nancy Church scaled back her design fantasies and discovered creative ways to build on a budget.
- Dwell on Design is bigger and better than ever, and that goes for our perennially popular Outdoor section, too.
- Off the Grid, a recurring feature in the Dwell issues, focuses on modern homes that tread lightly on the earth.