Brad Smith’s compact former coach house, tucked away in one of London’s many hidden cobbled mews, was in need of a radical over-haul when his partner Brian Brennan moved in. Scape Architects remodeled inside and out to maximize both space and light, redesigning the property around the pair’s possessions and utilizing every available void for storage.
Showing image @current of @total
- Staircases can be more than simply a way to get from floor to floor; in the right designers' hands, they can be creative storage solutions, too.
- With no space to waste, London-based designers Kim Colin and Sam Hecht turned a 1924 garage into the perfect home product.
- When getting from here to there, the journey is just as important as the destination.
- Amid its brick-clad row houses, London boasts some seriously modern architecture. Here are seven examples from the pages of Dwell.
- A baby's arrival is cause for celebration—and for many, it's also a time to confront limited living space.
- When every square foot of storage counts, consider the little-used and often-overlooked spaces underneath staircases.
- Living small is par for the course in New York City, but accommodating a family of four in under 700 square feet rarely looks as effortless as in this storage-smart renovation.
- Although postwar California modernism is generally associated with Southern California, the Bay Area’s own tradition has begun in recent years to be more widely acknowledged, and its surviving…