Four Houses and a Future
When we first visited Beat Schenk and Chaewon Kim two years ago, they were in the process of building the second house on what has turned into a Cambridge compound. Four houses later, we find that while much has changed, Schenk and Kim’s expansive will has not.
@current / @total
- In these five homes, a well-placed skylight makes all the difference, flooding the interiors with light from above.
- Who doesn't want a little more light in their lives?
- Uni, an international group of designers in Cambridge, Massachusetts, is riding out a self-professed renovation high that never seems to cease.
- Massachusetts has a long and storied history of progressivism, one that is reflected in these groundbreaking designs from Dwell's archives.
- With a little ingenuity, attics under the eaves can be transformed into bright, light living spaces.
- In our latest Backstory series, Seattleite Lou Maxon recounts the thrills and trials of ditching the suburbs, buying property, and designing and building a modern house…
- South Korea is known for its innovations in technology.
- From the warm tone of travertine to the pitch black of Indian granite to the industrial edge of gabions, natural stone products lend a lot to the tactility and mood of a structure.