The First Wave
- Building green can be a challenge to really pull off—not to mention afford—but as the following seven houses from our pages show, the payback is huge.
- If your itty bitty bathroom is ready for a redo, check out these 12 projects that make the most of limited space with clever tricks.
- It’s impossible to ignore nature in Big Sur.
- Living small is par for the course in New York City, but accommodating a family of four in under 700 square feet rarely looks as effortless as in this storage-smart renovation.
- Modernist furniture may signal worldly tastes, but its American origins lie in Michigan’s humble reaches.
- Sustainable consultant to the stars Jordan Harris convinces Hollywood starlets to go hybrid, but when it came to greening his own home, he enlisted outside help.
- When it comes to material originality, this former tavern in Chicago’s trendy Bucktown neighborhood pulls out all the stops. Case in point?
- What do you get when you give a couple of designers unlimited creative license on a very limited budget? For Andrew Dunbar and Zoee Astrakhan, the possibilities were limitless.