- As we previously explored in Modern Gables, these five homes provide a well needed break from the hustle and bustle of city life. Take a closer look at these strikingly innovative barn residences.
- In Wellman, Iowa, Joanna and Geoff Mouming concocted a fresh take on the traditional barn (making it modern with the help of DeForest Architects) and in their open kitchen, regularly cook up a slew…
- A pitched roof doesn’t necessarily mean a home is stuck in the dark ages of the American architectural vernacular.
- Today we venture out to the American, Canadian and English countryside to view inventive, modern takes on a venerable architectural archetype: the farmhouse.
- Wide-open spaces, welcoming attitudes, and a healthy respect for modernism: the American Midwest has much to offer. Here are 12 modern houses from the Heartland.
- A spot to foster conviviality with passersby, a place to perch a chair and enjoy the outdoors, a threshold between inside and out, and an informal living room for neighborhoods—the porch is…
- What's that you say? It's National Cat Day? We just couldn't help ourselves so we're doing National Cat Day the Dwell way.
- We conclude our countdown of the 100 most-popular homes in Dwell.