- Wood-burning stoves aren't just for rustic cabins in the woods anymore, the timeless and energy-efficient heating system has worked it's way into the modern home.
- Dens and family rooms don’t need to mean the Bradys and shag carpeting. As the following clever family spaces prove, there are many ways to accommodate everyone in high style.
- Tokyo, Japan is one of the largest metropolitan areas in the world with a rich cultural history in art and design.
- Though open-plan spaces are the new norm, some—like the following 10 we hand-picked from our pages—clearly stand out from the rest.
- Most deserts are dry and dusty expanses of blue skies, bleached soil, and rulerflat horizons. The Colorado Plateau is not one of them.
- Taking inspiration from barns, warehouses, Case Study Houses, and Japanese residential architecture, architect Marcus Lee and his wife, Rachel Hart—–an architectural model…
- A dramatic departure from your typical cabin on the lake, this unique retreat adds shades of black to a tiny island awash with local color.
- Drawing on an inherited plot of land, his father’s steel company, and his brother-in-law’s architectural know-how, Motoshi Yatabe’s new house is all in the family.