Family Home Renovation in Brooklyn
For most homeowners, the goal of renovating is to transform an existing space into an idealized domicile. Few couples, however, include both the architect whose training can precipitate a vision and the professional critic whose career is staked on evaluating the work of architects. No pressure!
@current / @total
- Whether sleek and finished or rustic and aged there is something so romantic about exposed beams.
- From a renovated cottage in England to a family home in Brooklyn, these six modern homes make the last letter on the color wheel look regal by its creative insertions indoors and out.
- A classic New York or Brooklyn brownstone may not be the obvious Dwell-style dwelling—at least not until an enterprising architect has opened it up for a modern renovation.
- Three designers jump-start their practice with an affordably built abode in New Zealand.
- Hour-long commutes. Flaky public transportation. The congestion of crowds. It's no wonder many folk choose to work from home these days.
- What’s not to love about Brooklyn? Here we present 9 funky, space-saving renovation projects from Dwell’s pages that will make you fall even harder for the borough.
- On Dwell's Facebook page we recently posed the question of "Is your kitchen style more charmingly colorful or rustic modern?" and your answers were overwhelmingly on the side of rustic modern.
- Los Angeles is not all mini-malls and highways. As Eric Garcetti, president of the City Council, shows, it is eminently possible to live green in the City of Angels.