English Designer's Live/Work Home
- Wood-burning stoves aren't just for rustic cabins in the woods anymore, the timeless and energy-efficient heating system has worked it's way into the modern home.
- Judging by all the great feedback we've received on Kathryn Tyler's lovely Falmouth, England, home (Collector's Choice, June 2012), you all loved her style—and awesome collections of vintage…
- Our current model of efficiency is the live-work space, and everyone deserves their own modern version. Hint: Keep it clean, clutter-free, and bright.
- Furnishing and decorating all at once can end up feeling cold and impersonal, but pieces gathered over time tell a much better story and allow a sense of you to shine through.
- When space is tight, designers often eke out additional (hidden) square footage by going deep—into the walls and furnishings themselves.
- "Warming the bench" takes on new meaning when used as a feature in modern homes.
- There's nothing like waking up on a lazy Sunday morning, grabbing a cup of coffee and your favorite reading material, and heading to the sunniest room in the house to sip and relax in the natural…