Emerald in the Rough
- Set into the dense tropical foliage of Hawaii’s wildest coast is a house that goes with the flow by welcoming the breeze.
- In Houston, where bigger means better and suburbanites in SUVs dominate the highways, architects Dawn Finley and Mark Wamble are anomalies: Their domestic lives fit into 1,200 square feet, and their…
- The hexagon has been long favored in design, most often implemented in tile. Here are examples from our design archives, plus our favorite products that celebrate the motif.
- Boston's rich history is potently infused into its dense, bustling neighborhoods, where the same brick walls that once contained cobbler shops now house Internet startups.
- Case Study architect Edward Killingsworth’s masterpiece, the 1957 Opdahl House, fell into ruin, but thanks to a musician with a passion for modernism, it is celebrating its 50th anniversary in…
- Built for a young family of Spartan-minded clients, architect Felix Oesch's spare, concrete prefab outside of Zurich is a marvel of clean living.
- A new prefab prototype on a Scottish island demonstrates a smart—and superlocal—approach to building in far-flung locations.
- Nestled in an apple grove in Sebastopol, California, the Orchard House is a rural idyll.