At the Elm
When a couple in Amsterdam decided to upgrade their residence from a small houseboat to a larger one, they sought a design that would elevate the kitchen—literally. Set on the top floor and opening onto a large terrace, the airy room is the hub of the house(boat).
@current / @total
- Kitchens are the heart of the home and no one likes a cold barren heart or kitchen—especially as the air gets chilly and thoughts of family holidays approach.
- We've just hit the ground running at the mega-show that is KBIS/IBS, and we'll have a trend report for you soon.
- On Dwell's Facebook page we recently posed the question of "Is your kitchen style more charmingly colorful or rustic modern?" and your answers were overwhelmingly on the side of rustic modern.
- A handful of homes who modernize their lake- or seaside locations with horizontal slats, lots of wood, and vernacular references.
- From an inviting kitchen in a charmingly renovated cypress clad home to a hand-hewn elm galley atop a houseboat to a peek at the glossy blue cabinets inside the iconic Miller House, these kitchens…
From a barn revival in the UK to a houseboat in Amsterdam to a bright small space in Bratislava and a sustainable glass house commune in Japan, the following homes comprise a brilliant showcase of international innovations in modern design.
- What recession?
- From an orange shipping container addition to a cleverly-painted kitchen divider, click to see how these six homeowners used color to add personality to their homes.