- Built for a young family of Spartan-minded clients, architect Felix Oesch's spare, concrete prefab outside of Zurich is a marvel of clean living.
- The most buoyant of the lighting family, pendant lamps are awfully fun but take a bit of planning; here's how to do it right.
- A few years after moving into their stocky, cavelike 1970s bi-level 20 miles southeast of Milwaukee, JJ and Eric Edstrom decided it was time to renovate.
- Even before construction was complete, the Stump House was turning heads.
- Just as the famed Treaty of 1814 called for peace between the United Kingdom and the United States, the large beech tree on Dieter Van Everbroeck's property harmonizes the relationship between site…
- With forethought and engineering, a rooftop can be a very valuable bit of real estate. Here are six cool roofs that not only work overhead, but underfoot.
- One day last April there was great excitement on Highland Avenue, a quiet, hilly street (on which this writer happens to live) of Craftsman bungalows and 1960s apartment buildings in the Ocean Park…
- On the roof, amidst an array of native wild grasses and shrubs, six banks holding 180 small thermal solar collection tubes provide hot water year-round.