- Blessed with an enviable site on the sylvan shores of the Strait of Juan de Fuca in Washington state, architect Anthony Pellecchia and his wife, graphic designer Kathy Wesselman, wanted to create a…
- In the penultimate chapter of our series on the 100 most popular projects ever published in Dwell, a selection of homes including a few mid-century favorites, a tree house in Canada, and more.
- From a single sheet to a shiny-metal extravaganza, stainless steel remains a very viable way of modernizing your kitchen. Here are 9 ways to incorporate the low-maintenance material.
- Idaho-based architect Susan Desko—previously a senior design architect for Frank Gehry—created a house built of untreated steel plate and glass that towers among the trees of its…
- “I always wanted to live in a glass house,” explains Valerie Phelps, as she stands surrounded by the 40 feet of floor-to-ceiling windows that are the only walls of her living room.
- "Repurpose, refurbish, recycle" was the guiding principle for a metals broker in Ontario who harnessed his passion for–and knowledge of–industrial materials to create a new…
- Traditions collide in Los Angeles when architect Jeremy Levine hotwires SoCal Spanish with international haute-moderne.
- The Blue Sky prototype home tiptoes gracefully across the desert landscape just north of Joshua Tree National Park.