Creative Renovation in Brooklyn
When graphic designers Jeanette and Mike Abbink left behind their loft in San Francisco—with collected ephemera, a voluminous library, and a parcel of paintings in tow—they didn’t know where they would land in the Big Apple. One renovation and one Welsh terrier later, they’re back on track in Brooklyn.
@current / @total
- What’s not to love about Brooklyn? Here we present 9 funky, space-saving renovation projects from Dwell’s pages that will make you fall even harder for the borough.
- Furnishing and decorating all at once can end up feeling cold and impersonal, but pieces gathered over time tell a much better story and allow a sense of you to shine through.
- Holding the title of New York's most populated borough and second highest ranking city in the United States, Brooklyn has made quite a name for itself.
- There are many ways to judge a room—its size, its shape, its furniture. But as these dogs of Dwell homes would likely attest, all it takes is good instinct.
- From New York to Paris, we take a look at 8 contemporary apartments nestled in busy cities around the world.
- Carving out a study niche doesn't mean adding on an extension to your house; instead, consider built-ins—they can change the entire function of a room, or simply create some much-needed workspace.
- We combed through our archives to present this pictorial ode to one of the most high-traffic spaces in the house—the bathroom.
- As the weekend approaches, we've gathered ten of our most popular homes on Dwell this week for your perusal.