Courtyard House by Rowan Opat
On my recent trip to Melbourne, Australia, I did manage to get out of the city for one day. I zipped down to the Mornington Peninsula to visit a couple wineries, and also to see the Courtyard House, a three-year-old design by Melbournian architect Rowan Opat.
@current / @total
- A few weeks ago we compiled our favorite homes in Sydney, Australia; now, check out some homes from the southern coast of the land down under.
- Having admired a project by Shane Blue of Bourne + Blue Architecture in Newcastle, New South Wales, Australia, James and Sue O’Sullivan asked the architect to help them create a beachside…
- One element of my tour of Melbourne that really surprised me was how much I liked the new Melbourne Convention Center by Hamish Lyon of NH Architecture and Nik Karalis of Woods Bagot.
- An ingenious filtration system keeps air clean through a set of cell-like modules and a network of tubes that harnesses the organic technology of plants.
- We featured bridges, beautiful low-income housing experiments, and beachside pools in our Touring Sydney, Part 1, slideshow and it would be remiss of us not to include the Australian city's most…
- In Arlington, Virginia, architecture firm Höweler + Yoon contends with spatial and budgetary constraints to carve a microcourtyard, complete with Japanese maples and a cascading concrete fountain, in…
- Putting her architectural training to work, a resident of Merricks, Australia, helps design a modular beachside getaway for her family.
- The Sydney Opera House is more amazing—and surprising—in person than any photo could convey.