Coolest Homes for Artists & Art Collectors
We at Dwell are always on the lookout for unique homes that express the personality of their occupants—and it's no wonder some of the most unique and memorable residences we've featured in recent years belong to artists and art collectors, who embrace the quirky and the unconventional. Here's a peek at some of our favorite homes designed around the display and making-of art, from a famous conceptual artist's industrial-inspired rowhouse in New York City to a street art collector's shipping crate-filled loft in San Francisco.
@current / @total
- We at Dwell are always on the lookout for unique homes that express the personality of their occupants—and it's no wonder some of the most unique and memorable residences we've featured in…
- Modern furniture and architecture looks even richer when paired with a robust art collection. Look to these seven homes for how to create just the right synthesis.
- In Toronto, a painter accustomed to crashing in his studio created an airy artistic haven with both working and living quarters for a more balanced and polished picture.
- The first comprehensive survey of Andy Warhol's oeuvre, this extensive homage to Warhol spans his early days as an illustrator to some of his best-known works like Marilyn and Mao.
- Here at Dwell, we appreciate the simplicity of minimal palettes, but when it comes to playful spaces there is nothing we enjoy more than a color-filled interior.
- An unvisited ocean-facing plot of land, a couple of architect neighbors, and one giant leap of faith have netted a pair of erstwhile Londoners a dream home of their own in northeast Australia.
- Our current model of efficiency is the live-work space, and everyone deserves their own modern version. Hint: Keep it clean, clutter-free, and bright.
- Whether it's using space smartly for a small home or adding design elements that elevate a hallway to living-room level, here are eight ways to honor the arteries of the home.