- With no space to waste, London-based designers Kim Colin and Sam Hecht turned a 1924 garage into the perfect home product.
- Judged by contemporary design standards, the typical postwar suburban split-level house has little to recommend it.
- "I'm used to spending time on boats," says New York based architect and interior designer Page Goolrick, who has been sailing competitively for 15 years. "It's influenced my design.
- When David Carmel decided to propose to Kirsten Axelsen, he was at home in Manhattan and she was in Ethiopia, working to eliminate trachoma (the world’s leading cause of preventable blindness).
- Armed with a masters in architecture from Columbia University and only 3 years in the field, architectural designer Alan Y. L.
- Boston's rich history is potently infused into its dense, bustling neighborhoods, where the same brick walls that once contained cobbler shops now house Internet startups.
- Modernist furniture may signal worldly tastes, but its American origins lie in Michigan’s humble reaches.
- Uni, an international group of designers in Cambridge, Massachusetts, is riding out a self-professed renovation high that never seems to cease.