Color Story: White
While white may be interpreted as an absence of color, it is by no means absent of major impact when used in design. Here, Dwell looks back on 10 favorite homes that center around a white schema and prove that, when done correctly, the lack of color actually translates into an effortless cool that's present on any scale.
@current / @total
- After purchasing a revered archetypal lake house designed by American architect Richard Meier, a retired couple launches into the home’s second renovation in 35 years.
- Home to Herman Miller, Michigan has a long and storied modernist pedigree. Here are seven inventive or noteworthy Michigan houses from Dwell's archives.
- Celebrate American spirit this 4th of July with a range of red, white, and blue inspiration from kitchen accessories to interiors.
- A pair of crafty designers on a serious budget show that though their apartment may be short on square footage, it’s long on charm.
- We recently posted a story on ways to color accent your home. Here, we delve deeper into six of the most-popular color stories for modern interiors: white, blue, green, orange, yellow, and red.
In this collection of slideshows, we explore the myriad ways color can be incorporated into a modern home.
- One of the New York Five and American modernism's most-celebrated architects is celebrating his 50th year in practice in 2013.
- For most of us, the dining table is second only to the kitchen island for everything from work to homework to meal time.