A Clean Slate
- What to do when a tightly cramped kitchen yearns for more space? Here, five great examples on how to win the storage battle with arguably the most trafficked room in the house.
- "A kitchen provides physical and spiritual nourishment, and for many homes it is the heart and soul of family life," writes celebrated tastemaker Sir Terence Conran in Kitchen Book.
- What’s not to love about Brooklyn? Here we present 9 funky, space-saving renovation projects from Dwell’s pages that will make you fall even harder for the borough.
- A couple takes a minimalist approach to their Brooklyn apartment, focusing on supple materials, subtle gradations of color, and custom finishes by local craftsmen.
- Living large in a small space? We've got loads of inspiration to help you make the most of it.
- In January 2003, we issued a challenge to 16 architects: Design a modern prefab home for $200,000.
- Interior and furniture designer Nick Dine—son of pop artist Jim Dine—has a love-hate relationship with his 2,000-square-foot Hudson Square condo loft.
- Living small is par for the course in New York City, but accommodating a family of four in under 700 square feet rarely looks as effortless as in this storage-smart renovation.