- Home to Herman Miller, Michigan has a long and storied modernist pedigree. Here are seven inventive or noteworthy Michigan houses from Dwell's archives.
- With fall upon us and a distinct nip in the air, there is no better time to snuggle up by the fire in a rustic—but still very modern—cottage.
- For their lakeside retreat in northwestern Michigan, Keith and Mary Campbell renovated a 1970s ranch house to include a spacious kitchen-dining room.
- After purchasing a revered archetypal lake house designed by American architect Richard Meier, a retired couple launches into the home’s second renovation in 35 years.
- A devastating accident could have made Murray Siple a bitter man. Instead, he decided to renovate a house.
- Everyone knows the hardest part about winter is getting out of bed. Here, we take a jaunt through seven of the coziest bedrooms in our archives.
- The house at 157 Congress Run in the Cincinnati suburb of Wyoming was a fine little place, a sturdy 1940s brick Cape with trim, boxy rooms and an undulating yard punctuated with old trees.
- A pair of Arizona–based architects prove that sleeping in a pod is hardly an extraterrestrial experience.