- “I hated Wichita. It was a Podunk cow-town and there was nothing for me to do here,” says Jamil Malone, a native who left for college thinking he’d never return.
- Surrounded by cattle-flecked plains smack in the middle of America, Wichita generally has a reputation as a sleepy, middle-of-nowhere kind of place—even though it’s Kansas’s biggest…
- Previously seen in "7 Clever Loft Spaces for Small Places", take a look at how these five homeowners have comfortably converted compact spaces into capacious dwellings.
- Kansas City is a sprawling 318 square miles. With the help of creative developers and architects, the three square miles that make up downtown are finally growing up.
- It's easy to overlook Kansas City, Missouri. Located squarely in the nation's center, it is better known for its barbecue and bebop than as an incubator for creative design and architecture.
- Completed in 2004, the Belmont Street Lofts—with their crisscrossing pattern of wood, metal, and glass—have settled neatly into their neighborhood, offering a contemporary complement to the…
- A Norman Foster master plan has transformed a decaying German industrial port into a vibrant neighborhood.
- When plans for a prefab home flopped, Rian and Melissa Jorgensen were introduced to Jonathan Feldman of Feldman Architecture, whose custom design was able to deliver an environmentally conscious…