The Best of Prefab: 7 Homes We Love
The locations may be far flung—from rural Missouri to Eglisau, Switzerland—the residents might be architects, families, or weekend warriors, but the constant is prefabrication in our roundup of seven of the best prefab homes featured in Dwell.
Showing image @current of @total
- These first forays into prefab structures helped catapult some of the leading firms specializing in the construction methodology.
- Each week Dwell.com delivers more than 50 original posts, articles, and interviews focused on the latest in modern design.
- We get a nice double dose of architect Roger Kurath, principal of Design*21, this year at Dwell on Design.
- In 2008, Frank Vafaee, Manish Desai, and Andre Farhang founded Proto Homes. The Los Angeles-based company designs, builds, and sells homes as products.
- When compiling the list of the 20 most popular modern homes featured throughout Dwell's 12-year history, certain themes began to surface: small space projects, renovations, unconventional living…
- The architect looks back at Habitat ’67 and shares his thoughts on the future of prefabrication.
- The Blue Sky prototype home tiptoes gracefully across the desert landscape just north of Joshua Tree National Park.
- Swedish prefab specialists Smedshammar + Holmberg are on a mission to rescue their compatriots from boring suburbs—and their deep-seated suspicion of architects.